1. Prepare for Upcoming Road Closure: St. Patrick’s Day Parade
Date: Sunday, March 19, 2023
– Start on Bloor St W at St. George St,
– East on Bloor St W to Yonge St (full road),
– South on Yonge St to Queen St W (full road),
– West on Queen St W to York St (full road)
– St. George St, from Bloor St W to College St
– Devonshire Pl, from Bloor St W to Hoskin Ave
– Sussex Ave, from Huron St to St. George St
– Harbord St, from Huron St to St. George St
– Hoskin Ave, from St. George St to Queens Park Cres W
– Russell St, from Huron St to St. George St
– Queen St W, from York St to University Ave
– 8:00 am to 12:30 pm – Parade Formation
– 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm – Parade
– 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm – Dispersal
Contact Juan Ortiz with any objections or concerns about this request.
T: 416-396-5631 E: Juan.Ortiz@toronto.ca
2. RSVP for BIA March Community Session
If you would like to attend, please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Deadline Approaching for Summerlicious 2023 Applications
The City of Toronto’s popular Summerlicious program is returning July 7–23. Applications by full-service restaurants are now being accepted at www.toronto.ca/licious until March 22. To support restaurant operators, this year’s program makes it easy and affordable for restaurants to participate. Modified features include:
• Reduced fee ($550 plus HST), which is less than half of the pre-pandemic fee
• Expanded range of price-point categories for 3-course prix fixe Summerlicious menus
• A simplified online application process
Contact: Eirine Papaioannou, Event Support Supervisor, Partnerships
4. Deadline Approaching for CaféTO Curb Lane Cafés
Applications Applications & Approval:
Starting this week, local restaurant and bar owners and operators interested in expanding outdoor dining space into curb lanes and sidewalks through the City of Toronto’s CaféTO program can apply for permits online at www.toronto.ca/CafeTO until Tuesday, March 28 at 11:59 p.m.
Once applications are received, City staff will work with operators to create traffic management plans and develop a balanced approach to curb lane use to support businesses, including loading zones, garbage/recycling pickup zones, cycling infrastructure and pedestrian needs. Approved CaféTO curb lane locations will be installed in mid-May and June.
Permit and application fees will be phased in over a three-year period. This year, fees will be reduced by 66 per cent with the full amount not charged until 2025.
Operators will have until August 1 to install temporary platforms in curb lane café permit areas to improve accessibility and program equity. Until this date, operators will be able to use their permitted space by deploying a temporary ramp from the sidewalk.
In 2023, the one-time application fees and the annual permit fees are being reinstated but will be reduced by 66 per cent with the full amount to be charged in 2025. Applications for sidewalk cafés are accepted throughout the year.
Patios on private property:
Restaurant and bar operators may also be able to expand outdoor dining opportunities on private property. The City has enacted temporary use Zoning Bylaws to permit larger outdoor patios than would otherwise be permitted and to permit outdoor patios on parking lots, provided the parking space is not required for a residential use or is not an accessible parking space.
Programs & Grants:
Grant programs, as well as the CaféTO Curb Lane Pilot Program launching this year, will be available to assist businesses and BIAs participating in the CaféTO program.
To learn more, see the full news release on the City of Toronto’s website.
Contact: For questions about the program Email: cafeTO@toronto.ca
5. Member Opportunity: Public Event Space at 65 Navy Wharf Court
BGIS Global Integrated Solutions Realty is looking for parties interested in renting a public event space in the Entertainment District on the western side of Rogers Centre. This location is walking distance from the CN Tower, Ripley’s Aquarium, The Rec Room and Union Station.
If you are interested in this opportunity or have any questions, please contact Gavin Liu at Gavin.Liu@bgis.com