Featured Image: Experience the covered patio at contemporary French bistro-bar Lapinou
Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival – May 2023
During the month of May experience over 180 lens-based exhibitions, site-specific installations, and commissioned projects by artists and photographers at museums, galleries, and public spaces throughout Toronto. Here are 10 exhibitions to check out:
- David Addington, Call me on my payphone, May 19–21 – Remote Gallery - Reception: May 19, 6–11pm
- Carolyn Cheng, Surfacing, May 6–14 – Remote Gallery - Reception: May 6, 4–6pm
- Anthony Fieldman, Before the Fall, Apr 29–May 28 – Arterial Toronto – Reception: April 29, 5–9pm
- Maggie Groat, DOUBLE PENDULUM, May 6–Jun 17 – CONTACT Gallery - Reception: May 5, 6–9pm
- Group Exhibition, Materialized, Apr 21–Jun 3 – Critical Distance
- Group Exhibition, A Constant State of Change, Apr 11–Jun 3 – Gallery 44
- Anaïs Are, Found Beauty, May 1–31 – Daily Dose Coffee Bar
- Stéphane Alexis, Deep Cs, May 5–Jun 3 – Abbozzo Gallery – Reception: May 5, 5–8pm
- Karen Zalamea, The Prefix Prize, May 4–Jul 22 – Tangled Art + Disability – Reception: May 5, 6–8pm
- Lara Almarcegui, Guide to the Leslie Street Spit, May 4–Jul 22 – Urbanspace Gallery – Reception: May 5, 6–8pm, Talk: May 27, 1–1:30pm
OCADU GradEx 108 – May 3-7
OCAD University’s 108th Annual Graduate Exhibition is returning in person! Celebrate the work of OCAD U’s class of 2023 May 3-7, 2023. The event features displays from graduating students in every discipline, sales of student work, and an Opening Night Celebration in Butterfield Park/Lambert Lounge May 3, featuring a bar, DJ, food truck and art installations.
3 ways to Make Mother’s Day Special – May 14
- Deliver gorgeous, fresh Mother’s Day flowers from BLOOMEN
- Experience a covered patio at contemporary French bistro-bar Lapinou. Savour a la carte brunch with delicious French favourites in addition to Lapinou classics – Reserve for Mother’s Day Brunch!
- The Mother’s Be Funny Comedy Show at Rec Room will serving up laughs, embarrassing stories and parental advice, May 14 at 7pm
Check out our blog: Top 10 Mother’s Day Experiences
Inside Out 2SLGBTQ+ Toronto Film Festival 2023 – May 25-June 4
Inside Out is Canada’s largest 2SLGBTQ+ Film Festival. The 33rd annual Inside Out Toronto 2SLGBTQ+ Film Festival is taking place May 25-June 4! Secure your tickets and mark your calendars for Program Launch on May 5th!
401 Richmond – Doors Open Toronto – May 27
401 Richmond welcomes guests for Doors Open Toronto May 27th! Join a guided tour or wander freely to the galleries, shops, open studios and more! Fuel your visit with refreshments from Dark Horse Espresso Bar, and take in the green rooftop and inner courtyard. Admission is free!