1. Luminato Music Weekend- June 17-18, 2023
Luminato’s closing weekend features a free music festival in David Pecaut Square.
Setup of event will begin June 13th and load out will be complete June 20th
Date: June 17-18, 2023
Time: 1:00pm to 11:00pm (Live music, food trucks and a beer garden)
Location: David Pecaut Square
Contact: Alex Gilbert | Facility Event Coordinator | City of Toronto | 416-397-1200 Alex.Gilbert@toronto.ca
2. Toronto Waterfront 10K Race
Date of Event: June 17, 2023
Race Route: (Times: 7:30 am to 9:45 am)
Formation Area/Start and Finish Line Area: (Times: 4:00 am to 11:30 am)
• Lake Shore Blvd W (full road) westbound lanes from the west side of Strachan to the east side of British Columbia Rd
• Lake Shore Blvd W (full road) eastbound lanes from the west side of Strachan to the east side of British Columbia Rd
Lake Shore Course Build and Takedown: (Times: 4:00 am to 11:30 am)
• Lake Shore Blvd (full road), from Windemere Ave. to the west side of Bathurst
• Maintain curb lane on Lake Shore Blvd West for traffic between British Columbia Dr, west to Gardiner Expressway West access ramp
• Maintain eastbound curb lane access from Windemere Ave to Oarsman Dr Eastbound
• Maintain access to Ontario Place from Stadium Rd to Ontario Place Parking Lot 1
3. Deadline Extended for CaféTO Property Improvement Program
The deadline for the CaféTO Property Improvement Program has been extended until Thursday, August 31, 2023 or when funds are expended. Applications will still be considered on a first in, first reviewed basis.
This change has been made to accommodate the needs of businesses participating in the program. In addition, the deadline for successful applicants to submit their final documentation, including paid invoices, has been extended to Thursday, November 30,2023.
Attached is the updated Application Form.
4. Summer Promotions & Member Opportunities
As part of our ongoing efforts to promote our members, the BIA would like to extend the opportunity to participate in upcoming summer campaigns. We are preparing to release our Summer Guide, highlighting summer dining, patios, cocktails, retail, experiences, and events in the district.
If interested, please provide the following:
• Collaborations for contesting featuring prizes from member businesses.
• Special summer promotions, events, and deals.
• High-resolution images and videos (preferably text-free).
We are also Planning a series of events and workshops focused on health and wellness in the workplace and invite our member businesses to get involved. More information will be available in our Newsletter. Businesses in the health and wellness industry are invited to reach out if interested in learning more about Summer WorkFlow. Please reach out with any questions.
Send email to email@example.com
5. Roy Thomson Hall Rental Opportunity
Looking for a private but central location to host your Summer Staff BBQ, Social Mixer, Cocktail Reception and/or Client Entertaining? North Court Patio at Roy Thomson Hall is located conveniently on the corner of King Street West and Simcoe St. This stunning courtyard offers a unique and versatile outdoor setting that is unlike any other in the downtown core. The space is equipped with house furniture, including bistro tables and chairs, copa tables as well as lounge furniture, along with a satellite kitchen and dedicated bar. This space is also fully accessible with elevator access via the PATH entrance off Simcoe St!
Please contact the bookings & sales team.
Dana Duncanson | Director of Marketing & Communications