Written by: Rebecca Felgate
Summerlicious is here! It’s that time of the year where the city comes alive to delight in tasty treats from the city’s best restaurants!
Summerlicious accounts for all budgets, with three course prix fixe menus at the following price points: for lunch $34, $41, and $55, and for dinner $45, $55, and $75. The price doesn’t include tax or gratuities, so do bear that in mind and tip your lovely, hard working servers.
Here in the Downtown West portion of Toronto, we have a plethora of excellent spots to dine at. Here are a few we have been loving:
Lobster Burger Bar — 214 King Street West
Because who doesn’t love a lobster roll?! Lobster Burger Bar is situated right along the vibey King West stretch and offers both indoor dining as well as street-side patio dining. $41 gets you a lunch with various different lobster roll options, and a mushroom risotto. $51 will buy you a dinner with divine offerings such as lobster frites, black truffle wagyu burger and lobster spaghetti. Dessert options include chocolate lava cake, banana bread pudding and peanut butter cheesecake. With seafood coming in at a premium these days, this is your opportunity to eat high quality fish and lobster for a fraction of the usual cost.
Aanch — 259 Wellington Street West
Michelin Guide recognized Aanch is offering out lunch for the bargain price of $34, with dinner for $45. Three courses of Indian fare with beautiful, high-end plating make this a fantastic option for all lovers of bold, rich flavours. Tawa paneer jalfrezi, butter chicken and mutton rogan josh have our mouths watering. If you have never tried kulfi, this classic Indian dessert can also be enjoyed as part of the Summerlicious menu!
Vegan and Vegetarian options are available.
Mother Tongue — 348 Adelaide Street West
As beloved for its cocktails as it is for its pan-Asian ad Filipino Fare, Mother Tongue is a hit with the city’s IT crowd. The interior exudes contemporary cool (plus there is a secret downstairs bar for after dinner tipples but shhh, don’t tell anybody). The Summerlicious menu is available for dinner only and is considerately priced at $55! Options include Thai fennel and orange salad, spring rolls, steelhead trout crudo, Hoisin duck confit, black truffle fried rice, Korean short rib and sea bass.
Vegetarian and vegan options available.
Reign — 100 Front Street West
Here is your chance to dine at one of the best restaurants in the city for the incredibly reasonable price of $75 for three courses. Located in the gorgeous Fairmont Royal York, Reign is a high-end restaurant fronted by chef Roland Ducharme. Expect French inspired Canadian Fare with dishes such as smoked duck rillettes, tuna albacore, flank steak and Cape d’Or salmon. Desserts here are incredible too; we loved the haskap pavlova and summer chocolate tart.
Plenty more great options below or check out our Summer Guide:
- Aria Ristorante — 25 York Street
- Azure Restaurant (InterContinental Toronto Centre) — 225 Front Street West
- Buca Osteria & Enoteca — 604 King Street West
- Cheffry’s Artisanal Bistro — 388 Richmond Street West
- O&B Canteen — 330 King Street West
- Dasha — 620 King Street West
- District Restaurant and Bar — 303 King Street West
- Epoch Bar & Kitchen Terrace (The Ritz-Carlton) — 181 Wellington Street West
- Haam — 342 Adelaide Street West
- Hey Lucy Cafe — 295 King Street West
- FIGO — 295 Adelaide Street West
- Hibachi — 550 Wellington Street West
- King Street Social (Hyatt Regency) — 370 King Street West
- La Fenice Tuscan Chophouse — 319 King Street West
- Le Select Bistro — 432 Wellington Street
- Luma — 350 King Street West 2nd Floor
- Mademoiselle Raw Bar + Grill — 563 King Street West
- Marbl — 455 King Street West
- Minami Restaurant — 225 King Street West
- Pink Sky — 480 King Street West
- Petros82 — 299 Adelaide Street West
- Toca (The Ritz-Carlton) — 181 Wellington Street West
- Tutti Matti — 364 Adelaide Street West
- Victor (Le Germain Hotel) — 30 Mercer Street