Top 5 Updates & Reminders
1. Upcoming BIA Community Session – Safeguarding Against Organized Crime
The BIA will be hosting a community session with the goal of providing an understanding of organized crimes impacting our community. The event will include an opportunity to hear from Chief of Police Chief Myron Demkiw, best selling author and keynote speaker Timea E Nagy as well as various units from the Toronto Police Service.
Date: August 17, 2023
Time: 9:30 AM – 2:00 PM
Place: Hyatt Regency Toronto, King II
2. Applications open for Digital Main Street (DMS) Digital Transformation Grant
BIA members with brick-and-mortar small businesses can now apply for the Digital Transformation Grant, designed to assist with the adoption of technology. Recipients of the grant will receive training, advisory support and grant funding to increase their capacity through digital solutions such as marketing, training, website development, software integration or hardware upgrades.
Applications deadline September 30.
3. Automated External Defibrillator Opportunity
SaveStation provides the opportunity to place Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) closer to people, ensuring 24/7 access, and potentially saving lives.
By placing AEDs outside, SaveStation can significantly improve emergency response times and increase survival rates for cardiac emergencies.
Please contact us if you are interested in learning more about this opportunity.
4. Collaboration Opportunity: Roy Thomson Hall Parking Garage
Roy Thomson Hall would like to offer our BIA members an exclusive partnership opportunity: offering preferred rates and special promotions for BIA members and their customers at our parking garage – entrance located off Wellington St. All proceeds support our non-profit arts organizations. For additional information email Roy Thomson Hall.
5. Community Event – 52 Division BBQ
Building Bridges: Celebrating Police – Community Partnerships
BIA Members are invited to 52 Divisions Annual Community BBQ.
* Date: Wednesday August 9, 2023
* Time: 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
* Location: 52 Division, 255 Dundas St
* Activities: Meeting local police officers and community volunteers
* Special Appearances: Mounted Unit & Police Dog Services, St. John Ambulance Therapy dogs, Blinky & the Marine Unit, and Crime stoppers
* Music: local DJ
* Food: Available for a nominal cash fee, with all funds raised in support of Contact Alternative School
* Special Treat: Cops Doughnuts
More Information: (416) 808-5286