CafeTO: Curb Lane Cafe Removal
The removal date for your BIA is scheduled for October 15, 2023. Crews will be on-site to pick up the traffic safety equipment in the curb lane on this date. The removal date is subject to change due to unexpected weather, road emergencies or any other delay beyond our control. An email to operators in your BIA has been sent sharing this information with them as well. Operators must remove all café items, including tables, chairs, equipment, furnishings, fencing and platforms from the curb lane by this date and time. Private café items left in the curb lane after this date will be removed and may be disposed of without notice. The City may charge the permit holder the cost of removing private items left on the road.
Save the Date
2023 Annual General Meeting & Reception
Toronto Downtown West BIA members are invited to attend this year’s annual general meeting and reception.
Location: Ace Hotel, 51 Camden Street
Date: November 1, 2023
4:00 PM – Meeting & Formal Business, Interspace
5:00 PM – Cocktails & Canapés, Evangeline
All commercial property owners and their commercial tenants within the Toronto Downtown West BIA are welcome to attend.
Government Financial Support For Businesses
The links below provide tools, programs, and services designed to financially support Canadian businesses:
- Accelerated Growth Service (AGS): Businesses that are incorporated and ready to grow or scale might be eligible to connect with an Innovation Advisor who can help them to navigate government support by providing advice on the best supports and bringing their network of partners to the table
- Business Benefits Finder: a free and interactive digital tool that brings together hundreds of federal, provincial and territorial government programs and services available to businesses in Canada into one place. Users simply answer a few key questions and instantly receive a tailored list of results that are most likely to suit their needs.
- BizPal : a free online resource that businesses can use to find information on permits and licences they may need to start or grow their business.
- Canada Digital Adoption Program : offers two grants that can help businesses get online and use technology to build their business with access to expert advice to increase online sales, reduce costs, better manage inventory and more.
Contact: Jeremy César Marketing Strategist | Innovator’s Experience Branch | firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 343-575-1884
The Well Grand Opening
The Well is looking for local community groups, non-profit organizations and sports groups to take part in their Grand Celebration and ribbon cutting scheduled for November 17th at 9:30 AM.
For more information, please contact Darren Elias.
Member Opportunity: Roy Thomson Hall Parking Garage
Roy Thomson Hall would like to offer our BIA members an exclusive partnership opportunity: offering preferred rates and special promotions for BIA members and their customers at their parking garage – entrance located off Wellington St. All proceeds support their non-profit arts organizations.
For additional information, contact Jennifer Shah at the Roy Thomson Hall below.
Road Closures & Event Notices
TTC Track Work, York-Adelaide Intersection Closures
- Timeline: Monday October 2 – Spring 2024
- More information about this project, www.toronto.ca/AdelaideConstruction
Watermain Replacement on Mercer Street
- Timeline: March 2024 – July 2024
- See attached, Pre-Construction Notice & Pre-Construction Business Survey